How are you cutting through the noise and competition to reach your current contacts and generate new leads?
If you are a real estate agent/broker, chances are that you just might be tired of shouting “USE MY SERVICES” from the roof top. Obviously, referrals are a staple of most real estate professionals, however, if you serve a military market, your referral base dwindles over time just when you should be enjoying long term referrals.
Inbound and Online
You can opt to use traditional methods of advertising by spending loads of money with mailings or display advertisements in local newspapers OR you can use the latest trends in inbound marketing. Inbound marketing strategies recommend consistent valuable resources, tips and trends to your referral base to keep top of mind while working on getting found online. The trick is to be where the people are looking for housing when they are looking.
- High touch communication: Create a calendar of topics by month (paint colors, decluttering, trends, mortgage news, tax savings, etc.) and blog about those topics, post the links to your blog on your Facebook and Twitter walls. These not only help your contacts but then help you get found online. The more inbound links to your site, the stronger your search ranking.
- >>Be careful to not overdo it. Max out at a FB post about every other day. You can email up to once a week, but you risk burning people out. We recommend every other week – unless your information is really timely. When to post or email? Experts say read/open rates are higher at night and on weekends. So, don’t be afraid to experiment with times!
Want more inbound marketing advice from the experts? Click here!
- Sarge’s Tip: Help your contacts declutter their homes or pick up inexpensive items by talking up SargesList. You can post on your Facebook wall, email your clients/friends around the world, add it to your newsletter and put a link to SargesList on your site, etc. It’s good to be a go to source for all things housing or life related. This shows you’re up on the latest trends and it helps you get found online.
Beat Your Competition to the Top
-of Google’s search results that is….. When you post a listing with SargesList (free) to help sell your active listings or advertise your real estate services, not only are you reaching a target rich environment for the services you offer, but you also increase your search engine rankings on Google!
- Sarge’s Tip: In order to maximize your exposure and get found online, 1) make sure that you add all your active listings and 2) post a professional services listing as well with the following example to ensure keyword optimization.
Just one day after posting a listing on SargesList, Semper Fi Homes, ranked #5 on Google search engine results for “Camp Pendleton Realtor.”
Example Listing with HTML code needed for URLs
Title: Camp Pendleton Homes For Sale, Realtor, Real Estate – Retired USMC
Chris & Christine Francis – USMC Retired Husband/Wife Real Estate Team
<a href=”\”>www.semperfihomes.c om</a> Helping Military Families Relocate to the Camp Pendleton Area Since 2001 ***Ask about our MILITARY REBATE***¬† DRE # 01302136¬† <br /><br />
Camp Pendleton Real Estate<br /><br />
Camp Pendleton Homes for Sale<br /><br />
Camp Pendleton Realtor<br /><br />
Camp Pendleton Housing<br /><br />
Like us on <a href=”http://www.facebook.com/SargesList#!/semperfihomes”>Facebook</a>
Follow us on <a href=”http://twitter.com/#!/semperfihomes”>Twitter
<a href=”mailto:email@example.com”>Email us</a> or Call us 951-541-4868
Maximize Your SargesList listing
1. Most military use the name of the base in their search. Use as many keywords in your listing using the name of the base + what people look for when searching for homes (as shown in the example above). Add your keywords to the:
2. Include a testimonial in your listing
3. Have people / clients Vote on Your Listing (through Vote link on detail view)
4. Use as many links as possible:
- Your direct website link to search homes in the area
- Your Facebook link
- Your Twitter link
5.¬† Include links to resources that include the name of the base. For example, Camp Pendleton Chamber of Commerce, Camp Pendleton ASYMCA and other base related resources.
6.¬† You can now include a YouTube video on your listing. A photo is worth 1,000 words, but a video is extremely powerful in conveying layout and benefits of a home – especially for military who typically are out of the City, State or Country. Click here for example: http://www.sargeslist.com/index.php?a=2&b=763.
Turn Up the Heat
In our experience, the number one thing that military members ask for when calling military housing is floor plans. There is a fabulous service that you could employ that will take fantastic photos, measure the home and create an interactive floorplan. The floorplan has a virtual room planner! Check it out: Click here!
Enhanced advertising: To turn up the heat on your listings, consider purchasing featured ads on SargesList, bolded listings, better placement, or more photos upon checkout.¬† If you really want to maximize your services exposure, you can be an exclusive Local Expert for your designated installation or purchase banner advertising. Click here!; to email us for more information.