On June 12, 2012, we released some enhanced functionality. We are consistently working to make the site easier to use and more effective for those who are trying to buy / sell.
New / Enhanced Functionality:
Users can now enter Global / CONUS / OCONUS ads/listings (new) vs. just local ads/listings (old)!
Global: When a user enters an ad/listing as Global, their ad/listing will be shown in all geographic regions/bases around the world for their selected category. Unless the ad has an upgrade, the ad/listing will fall to the bottom of the summary list.
CONUS: When a user enters an ad/listing as CONUS, their ad/listing will be shown in all geographic regions/bases as defined by military CONUS (Continental United States) bases. Unless the ad has an upgrade, the ad/listing will fall to the bottom of the summary list.
OCONUS: When a user enters an ad/listing as OCONUS, their ad/listing will be shown in all geographic regions/bases as defined by military¬†OCONUS (Overseas also includes Hawaii, Alaska and Guam) bases. Unless the ad has an upgrade, the ad/listing will fall to the bottom of the summary list.
LOCAL: When a user enters an ad/listing as local, their ad/listing will display in all bases sites within a 60 mile radius of the base zip code.
- For summary views on categories, the listings will display newest to oldest.
- When performing a specific zip code search in the WHERE field, the summary search results will display closest to farthest from the zip code entered.
(Full instructions located at SargesList 101 post)
- Register or Login: http://login.sargeslist.com (http://register.sargeslist.com)
- IF YOU HAVE USED OUR SITE BEFORE, clear you cache to avoid any issues (CTRL R for Firefox or CTRL F5 for Internet Explorer).
- Click on “New Classified” on left menu in My Account or “Post a Free Ad” in top menu. (http://post-free-ad.sargeslist.com)
- Select your listing category.
- In the “Location Information” area of adding a listing select Globally / CONUS / OCONUS / Locally.
- If you select locally, then you must fill out the address fields (bare minimum is City, State & Country) and you will be presented with a map to confirm location. We recommend using cross-streets or base for safety purposes. Your account location information will automatically populate the location fields. If different, easy to change!
Map for location confirmation (must do this for local in order for it to display in right bases!). If it looks accurate, click CORRECT LOCATION. If not, select WRONG LOCATION and try again. The map view shows what bases the ad/listing will display in.
- After correct mapping, you will be presented with POSTING your photos page (up to 5 free)
- Next page, ADD any upgrades to get your item/product/service SOLD faster!
- Next, CHECKOUT! Free ad, and you’re done!
- Finally, VIEW your ad/listing to make sure it is accurate with no typos and that the location shows up where it should.
Local Ad/Listings Summary View
Global Ad/Listings Summary View
Problems/Questions? Use our Live Chat button in top right header to get live help or send in an email to support@SargesList.com.